Dustin Geissert, a 3D Scanning Specialist at Interstates, discusses our capabilities with 3D scanning. We are committed to leveraging 3D technology for electric room design and believe it allows for improved planning, increases owner engagement in the design and construction process, and has the potential to support the need for fewer personnel on-site.
The benefits of scanning and 3D modeling produce a cumulative effect
- Completing a scan of a facility allows for conversion to 3D imaging.
- 3D imaging allows visualization and more effective use of prefabrication.
- Visualization leads to over-acceptance.
- Prefabrication keeps onsite crews smaller, is less costly, and requires less installation time on site.
Our scanning capabilities allow us to deliver a wide range of scanning needs for our clients
- Gather a large number of scans in a short time both in color and grayscale to create an accurate as-built point cloud.
- Create strapping tables of storage tanks that can be used for inventory purposes and used with a level transmitter to display the gallons and weight in the tank.
Look to Interstates to provide 3D scanning services to significantly add to the success of your project.