ARE YOU PREPARED FOR WINDOWS END-OF-SUPPORT?
Microsoft SQL Server 2008/R2 hit its end-of-support life on July 9, 2019. Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008/R2 Operating Systems (OS) will hit their end-of-support life on January 14, 2020. After these dates, there will be no patches or security updates available.* As a result, you may encounter security and compliance issues and potentially be exposed to serious security risks.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Interstates is equipped and experienced in providing OS and controls applications upgrade discovery, planning and implementation resources to clients that may not have internal resource capacity or expertise in operational technology (OT) environments. Our team can help you identify and manage your end-of-support operating system and application upgrades including OS, hardware, software and licensing dependencies that can extend beyond the impacted workstations and servers. We offer various levels of support, depending on your needs. From discovery, recommendations to implementation, and protection, we have you covered.
END-OF-SUPPORT UPGRADE PROCESS
Our team will work with you to understand the impacts of potential upgrades and provide a recommendation for implementation. You have the ability to choose the level of investment based on your needs.
|PHASE I||PHASE II|
|Step 1 - Discovery||Step 2 - Evaluation/Planning||Step 3 - Implementation|
|Goal:||Evaluate existing OS systems and software impacts.||Determine implementation strategy.||Execute the plan.|
|Description:||Interstates will schedule time with your team to assess the current state of your hardware and software.||Interstates will share what was found during discovery and work with you to prioritize implementation to meet your time, resource and budget objectives||Once the plan has been finalized, Interstates will establish an implementation team and complete the work either onsite or remotely.|
|During this step:||1) You will receive a pre-visit Discovery Checklist.
2) Interstates will spend up to 1 full day on site with your team to better understand your existing systems and software.
|1) A feasibility study will be completed.
2) Project scope will be determined. This includes discussing options for OS and software image creation and management.
3) Interstates will meet with you to review and finalize the implementation options. You can right-size the plan for your needs including full or partial implementation options.
|1) The Interstates team will meet to discuss goals and timelines.
2) Interstates will follow our standard implementation process and discuss any planned downtime with you.
3) After your systems are up and running Interstates will run additional validation testing to ensure everything is running smoothly.
*Microsoft will have extended patch licensing available for an annual stepped fee per OS license.
Begin the UPGRADE Process
Don't delay! Submit the form below to start the upgrade process now.