Careers in Construction – Virtual Camp
June 24 | 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Zoom Call for Kids and Parents
Sign up at nwicc.edu/careersinconstruction
Join us on June 24 any time between 5 and 8 p.m. for a fun Zoom call where kids and parents can learn about the many exciting careers in construction. Watch a video about careers like carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical, then jump on the Zoom call to discuss, ask questions, and learn more about the trades!
What will I learn about?
- Jobs in the construction industry, including carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical
- How working the trades is a fantastic option with growing demand
- What it takes to be a skilled worker in the trades
- How important these jobs are for our communities
What will the virtual camp be like?
Since our Careers in Construction Camp scheduled for this summer had to be canceled, we can come together virtually instead to learn about the many exciting opportunities in the trades. First, watch the below informative video about the types of jobs available in the construction field and why they are important. Next, join us for a Zoom call. Here, we will have someone from Vision Builders, Schelling Construction, Walstra’s Plumbing and Heating, B&B Plumbing, Ten Kredit Electric and Interstates on the line ready to answer any questions you have related to the trades. event is great for all ages to learn about the wide world of construction. We hope this Zoom call will get you and your children excited for the Careers in Construction Camp coming next summer!
How do I sign my child up for the Zoom call?
- Go to nwicc.edu/careersinconstruction to register and find more information
- Make sure your computer or device is updated with the latest version of Zoom before you join the call
- Build Your Future: Take a deeper dive into construction trade jobs
- Success in the New Economy: Watch this video to learn about the labor market realities and how students can educate themselves to make informed decisions
- 3 Reasons a 4-Year Degree Isn't Always Worth It: Learn about the opportunities other forms of education can offer
Have questions? Reach out to Kara Lindbergh for more information!
712-722-1662 x 1119 | email@example.com