HOW CAN AN ARC FLASH STUDY REDUCE RISK AT YOUR FACILITY?
On any given day, 5-10 arc flash events occur in the United States. These arc flashes result in over 7,000 burn injuries annually. An arc flash can be caused by human error, equipment failure, aging equipment, failure to maintain equipment, or conductive dust. Keeping your workplace safe and compliant is crucial to the safety of your people and the success of your business.
Why conduct an arc flash study?
Arc Flash Studies must be completed regularly to maintain compliance with the many regulations and standards associated with electrical safety. Additional changes made to your facility will also require updated arc flash studies. Interstates has the right tools and the right expertise to provide a cost-effective solution that will ensure personnel safety and detect any areas of risk threatening your operations.
Reduce Safety Risks
At Interstates, safety is our top priority. Identify and neutralize potential threats before they happen. Keep your people working safe and your facility operating smoothly.
An arc flash event can be more costly than simply maintaining compliance. You may qualify for a return on dollars invested in preventative maintenance and lower insurance premiums.
compliance made easy
Compliance doesn’t have to be difficult. Easily comply with OSHA and other required regulations and standards on arc flash labeling and work procedures at your facility.
What You Get
A professional Arc Flash Study will identify areas of risk and ensure compliance with necessary standards. The study will also determine the level of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required when working near electrical equipment. Our Arc Flash Study will even indicate the remediation work necessary to get the PPE level down to an incident energy rating below the desired target. Additionally, you’ll get NFPA 70E and Electrical Safety Training. Eliminate the risk at your facility and rest assured that your people and your business operations are protected.
Click here to download a sample Arc Flash Report.
Step 1. Data Collection
- Complete daily pre-job Hazard Assessment.
- Sketch or model one-lines.
- Collect required information.
- Clearly label all assumptions.
- Review recognized hazards and follow-up items with facility contact.
Step 2. Collection & Verification
- Ensure data collection sheets are complete and tied in with the one-line.
Step 3. Document Control
- Save SKM project, scan data collection sheets and one-lines, and save.
Step 1. SKM Modeling
- Verify utility information.
- Build or complete SKM model.
- Review SKM model according to standards and complete checklist.
Step 2. Generate Report
- Complete Arc Flash Report.
- Review and fill out check list.
Step 3. Finalizing Scope
- Client and PE review.
- Update Arc Flash Report per client comments and completed recommendations.
- PE sign off.
- Print Arc Flash Labels.
- Send signed Arc Flash Report and Arc Flash Labels to client.
- Schedule and complete Arc Flash Training (if in scope).
- Schedule and complete Arc Flash Label installation (if in scope).
READY TO GET STARTED?
Our specialized team of arc flash experts are ready to provide you with a full suite of services. Contact us to see which option meets your needs.