If you could go back to when you were 18 years old and give yourself some advice, what would it be? Here are 18 nuggets of wisdom from several Interstates team members.
1. Don’t worry so much about what other people think about you – just be yourself.
2. Life isn’t always fair; fair is not always equal and equal is not always fair.
3. You will use algebra again in your life. The periodic table…not so much.
4. Your parents are always right, and they are not going to be around forever.
5. Be carefree not careless.
6. It’s important to take care of both your body and soul.
7. You won’t always be able to eat pizza before bed every night and not gain weight.
8. Take more pictures – especially with your friends and family even if you aren’t wearing makeup.
9. 30 is not old. Neither is 40.
10. When the check engine light comes on in your car, STOP DRIVING IT! It will probably cost more if you don’t!
11. Failing does not make you a failure.
12. Work hard in college, but not too hard. Have fun and make friendships that will last a lifetime.
13. You must boil the water before adding noodles.
14. So much of life is about showing up…showing up for work, showing up for class, showing up for important family functions.
15. You can never spend enough time on the important stuff and any time spent on stuff that doesn’t matter is too much.
16. The mullet is not a good look.
17. Cheerleaders don’t always wear skirts. Part of a leader’s role is often to cheer and support others on to victory.
18. Understand just how quickly 35 years can go by.
We want to know what YOU would add. Leave a comment sharing something YOU wish you had known at 18.